Industry / Establishments
- Central Government Departments / Organizations / Public Sector Undertakings
- State Government Departments / Organizations / Public Sector Undertakings
- Public / Private Limited Companies / Industries / MNCs / IT / BPO / KPO / Hospitality / Healthcare / Manufacturing / Service Sector / Logistics / Banking & Finance / Telecom / Tourism / Process Industries / Pharmaceutical
- Engineering Colleges / Technical Universities
- Polytechnic Colleges
- Higher Secondary Vocational Schools / Intermediate Junior Vocational Colleges
- Engineering Graduates
- Diploma Holders in Engineering
- 10+2 Vocational Certificate Holders
- Sandwich Program Students of 3 1/2 years duration from Polytechnic Colleges
- A degree in engineering or technology granted by a statutory university.
- A degree in engineering or technology granted by an institution empowered to grant such degree by an Act of Parliament.
- Graduate examination of professional bodies recognized by the Central Government as equivalent to a degree.
- A sandwich course student who is undergoing training in order that he may hold a degree in engineering or technology as mentioned at (a) and (b) above.
- A diploma in engineering or technology granted by a State Council or Board of Technical Education established by a State Government
- A diploma in engineering or technology granted by a University.
- A diploma in engineering or technology granted by an Institute recognized by the State Government or Central Government as equivalent to (a) and (b) above.
- A Sandwich Course student who is undergoing training in order that he may hold a diploma mentioned in (a),(b) and (c) above.
- A certificate in vocational course involving two years of study after the completion of the secondary stage of school education recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education.
- A Sandwich Course student who is undergoing training in order that he may hold a certificate mentioned in (a) above
- Candidate should not have undergone Apprenticeship Training elsewhere.
- Candidate should not have work experience of one year or more.
- Candidate should not have completed three years after passing of the qualifying examination
- Direct Campus Selection from Engineering / Polytechnic Colleges or 10+2 Vocational Higher Secondary Schools.
- Through own advertisement by the organization
- Participating Centralized pattern of Selection of Apprentices organized by BOAT (SR).
- Online fetching data from BOAT's portal / obtaining panel of candidates from respective state Directorate of Technical or Vocational Education.
|Category of Apprentices||Minimum Educational Qualifications|
|Technician (Vocational) Apprentices||
The training slots notified by this board, are required to be filled through any of the following method;
Some technical institutions are conducting sandwich courses for degree & diploma engineering students. All establishments are required to recruit Students of these sandwich courses for 2-3 semesters for a total duration of 48 to 52 weeks in 2-3 spells when requested by these institutions or directed by this board. Contracts of these apprentices are also to be submitted to this board for registration as mentioned in para 6(a) above. Before accepting the contract paper from the industries, a College bonafide certificate must be obtained and submitted along with registration card.
Period of Training
|Sr.No.||Educational Qualification||Category of Apprentice||Monthly Stipend|
|1||Engineering Graduate||Graduate Apprentice||Rs.4984/-|
|2||Sandwich Course Student of Engineering College||Graduate Apprentice (Sandwich)||Rs.3542/|
|3||Diploma Holder in Engineering||Technician Apprentice||Rs.3542/-|
|4||Sandwich Course Student of Polytechnic College||Technician Apprentice (Sandwich)||Rs.2890/-|
|5||(10+2) Vocational Certificate Holder||Technician (Vocational) Apprentice||Rs.2758/-|
The Significance of the Apprenticeship Training Scheme is that the Government of India, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Secondary & Higher Education, reimburses 50% of stipendiary amount t0o the Training Establishments through the respective Regional Boards. However, the Training Establishments are at liberty to pay Stipend at higher rates that the minimum prescribed amount.